Aces and Faces Poker is an online poker game and is played with a standard deck of 52 cards. It is a standard video poker game based on Jacks or Better play but with a few changes, which are mostly concerned with pay-outs. Aces and Faces poker is difficult to recognise in a land based casino and that’s why it is famous online.
Rules of the game:
- To play this poker online, you first need to select your coin size and the number of coins you want to place as bet and hit Deal.
- You start with five cards in the first hand.
- You have to choose which cards to discard and which cards to hold on to.
- Your goal is to complete the game with the strongest hand.
- The best strategy in this game is to hold any Aces or Faces cards. This will increase your chances of winning one of the bonus pay-outs.
Players must remember that both minimum and maximum pay-outs are set by the casino. Here is a standard rate table listed below:
|Poker Hand||One Coin||Two Coins||Three Coins||Four Coins||Five Coins|
|Four Jacks – Kings||40||80||120||160||200|
|Four 2’s – 10’s||25||50||75||100||125|
|Three of a kind||3||6||9||12||15|
|Jacks or Better||1||2||3||4||5|
Some tricks for Aces and Faces Poker:
- A lower pay-out is for straights, flushes and pairs only.
- You should always look towards any 4 of a kind but it is certain that Aces and Faces cards will carry the most pay-out.
- Never break up a dealt paying hand unless you have four out five cards for a Royal Flush.
- There are no wild cards in this game.
- Always play for 5 coins per hand. The pay-out for the best possible hand i.e. the royal flush is 500 to 1 if you play for less than 5 coins, but it’s 800 to 1 if you place the max bet. That hand comes up very rarely, but it makes up a big part of your payback percentage.
- If you’ve mastered the strategy for Jacks or Better, Aces & Faces should be an easy pick for you under any scenario.
- The strategy for Aces & Faces is pretty easy when compared to the other more complicated games. It has much in common with the correct strategy for Jacks or Better.
- If you don’t have a paying hand, the next bet can be four of a Kind, Straight Flush, Four cards to a Royal Flush.
- If you don’t even have the least paying hand which is Jack or better than it is best to discard all cards. You will get replacement cards and then maybe you can have a better hand than before.